Sunday, January 20, 2008

New York in December

For the 7th time that year I found myself in the big apple. This was the first time I had been there during the holiday season. It really is cold, uh beautiful there. I went with a friend of mine, Lynette. She had never been to New York before so we went up for the day, and basically walked all over the place. Other than going to the 8pm Radio City Music Hall show, we didn't really have anything specific planned. We walked around Central Park and spent some time on 5th Ave checking out the stores. The decorations were truly extraordinary, far beyond anything I would have thought of. Rockfeller Center was amazing, the tree gorgeous. I'd been to New York alot during 2007, but had never seen so many people in one square block. Rockfeller Center was absolutely packed! I must say here that I don't like crowds, not at all, so that was a bit much, but otherwise it was incredible. The Radio City Music Hall show was great, highly recommend going if you ever have a chance.

We had flown up to New York, but didn't want to be tied to a specific time that we had to leave, so we rented a car and drove back. I really didn't want to drive in New York City, so I intentionally rented a car from LaGuardia. I made sure to get a GPS with it as I don't know the roads there. Well, apparently the GPS didn't know the roads well either, I ended up driving back into the city, after taking a few wrong turns. Eventually we did make it out of the city and made our way home. All in all it was a great day!

No comments: